Friday, March 7, 2008

What a Strange Week

I keep having to remind myself that it is indeed March. Here in Texas, we don't usually see things like this in March.
That was yesterday before it really started accumulating. Now that I think about it, we rarely see that kind of thing at all. Actual snow? Big fluffy flakes of snow? Usually, if we get anything white in winter, it's ice. So this was truly surprising and pretty fun (since I didn't have to go anywhere). We got several inches of snow yesterday. Twinkle played and played in it. When she came in, she was soaked to the bone on her legs. We don't really keep a supply of snow clothes for reasons stated above. She had on jeans with leggings underneath and two pairs of socks. But, she was CRAWLING AROUND in the snow - the better to make a snowman apparently.


This is today.

This picture does not adequately capture how beautiful it is outside. The sky is so blue. The birds are singing. I wonder where they spent the day yesterday. I went out to take a few pictures and thought, "Wow, in two days we've had what takes a few months for people North of us." Pretty white snow everywhere yesterday. Now it's all melting away and you can almost hear the flowers and trees sighing in relief.

Twinkle has soccer tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 50's and clear. Hopefully it will look a lot like today, but with drier ground.

I've heard rumors it's going to be in the mid-70's on Monday.

I love living in Texas.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Unfortunately for me, that's a very common sight around here in March. It's actually supposed to be the snowiest month for us. Argh.

How fun for you though.

Send some of those 70s our way.