Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Epiphany #482

My Children Annoy Me More When I'm Actually Trying to Accomplish Something...


I have known this for a while, but I'm reminded of it daily. Today started off just fine, until I tried loading the dishwasher after breakfast. Sparkle wanted to "help". I just wasn't in the mood to continually take knives out of her hand - dirty ones at that. I went from pretty serene to tense and frustrated in about 30 seconds. The problem is, once I get on edge, it's hard to go back to serene. So, the trip to Target, and a couple of other stores was tinged with annoyance. I was annoyed by the wind, for heaven's sake.

I'm really working on ways to 1) not go all the way to extreme annoyance so quickly and 2) getting back to serene more quickly and easily.

Tips?

6 comments:

Flea said...

Suggestion: Send the children to Grandma's for a week. You're welcome. :)

Anonymous said...

in with the good air... out with the annoyed air...?!

i like flea's suggestion!

Heather said...

Wish I knew. I have that problem too. Then I feel all guilty because I also feel like I should be cherishing each moment with my kids. Mom guilt. Gotta love it.

Mary Beth said...

A lot of breathing. Deeeep breathing.

Don't use knives?

Anonymous said...

We've all been there. Repeat after me, "This too shall pass." Repeat as many times as it takes. Out loud is just fine. I suspect that you will be surprised at the result. Lots of love,
Socialworker

Anonymous said...

A mommy time-out? I'm with flea - send them to Grandma's house!