Monday, March 3, 2008

Don't You Hate It...

I know we've all done it before, but that doesn't lessen my annoyance level. I'm annoyed with myself, not anyone else.

Twinkle's school opened up enrollment for electives for next school year a week and a half ago. I looked at it last week and everything was still open. Today, I went to her school for a presentation and the principal told me that classes were filling up, so get home and sign up!

When I got online after getting home, almost ALL the classes were filled. Sigh.

The way things work at Twinkle's school is that Fridays are the days they do electives like art, music, drama, etc. There are 6 different choices and 4 time slots to fill. I looked at it last week and just didn't sign her up! Grrrr.

Anyway, I ended up only being able to sign her up for drama and PE. I didn't want to sign her up for PE at all. I wanted drama, art, science and Spanish. She's enjoyed all of her classes this year (though she had PE instead of drama) and I know she'll miss them next year.

I'm just so annoyed at myself for not doing it last week. I've asked about a waiting list, but haven't heard back yet.

I need to just let the annoyance go. It's kinda messing up my day. Just let it go. Everything will work out...

I just feel like I really let her down. I have no one to blame but myself.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh! I've been there, put something off a little too long because I thought I had plenty of time. It's frustrating alright.

Maybe you'll still get her in something on a waiting list.

Mary Beth said...

Hang in there. And remember: this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

this is comparable to me not getting the LAST class I need to graduate this semester and then the chain of events that got put into play - what about Studio B for drama? Do they have a kids class on Fridays? Sorry - really not trying to solve... trying to think outside of the box a bit...