Thursday, January 11, 2007

Can I Have a "Thank You God"?

We all slept. Yea!

Yes, it's just one night, but one step at a time. Not only did Twinkle not wake up during the night, I had to wake her up at 7:15 this morning.

Yesterday, I bought Twinkle some nice, soft flannel sheets, a memory foam topper for her mattress, and threw in some new jammies just for grins. I also had a revelation while at the gym yesterday. How about turning off the night light after she goes to sleep? Maybe then, if she wakes up during the night, it'll be dark enough that she doesn't realize her eyes are actually open.

I don't know if any of those things did the trick or if she was just so exhausted from the previous night. I'll take what I can get. It's the little things that make my day. Like sleep.

I read a great post over on Half of the Sky this morning about how you choose to approach life. Go check it out. It'll make you think. It made me really consider how I approach those things that seem so mundane in my daily life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how old Twinkle is, but kids' sleep patterns change sometimes. It varies from kid to kid, but it seems that growth spurts often coincide with the sleep shifts. I hope things work out soon.