Monday, December 11, 2006

We Survived the Play

Well, the last performance of Twinkle's play (for Twinkle) was last night. I actually skipped it. There were 3 moms there to cue the kids and our church was having a tea that I look forward to every year. Hubby convinced me that since I'd been there Friday and Saturday nights, I didn't need to be there Sunday.

I had a great time at the tea, then I went to the theatre in time for the bowing. Afterward, we went to dinner. It was very nice.

This morning, I had a full on training session with my trainer. OH. MY. GOD. I thought I was going to die. We only worked on legs. Who knew my legs were so weak. I use them every day!The very first contraption was a squat machine. I actually had thoughts of "I'm going to be stuck here". I knew that Debbie was there and I wasn't going to die or get stuck, but I couldn't help the thoughts bopping around. It was HARD. And was followed by 25 more minutes of various leg muscle work. Yikes. Aside from the tiredness of my legs, my heart rate was up as well. I decided that I was not going to make it to the treadmill after all that work. It's so worth it and I know for darn sure I would not have worked that hard if I'd been trying to do it alone.

I made it home despite my legs being replaced by Jello. After relaxing a little bit, I went upstairs to change and thought "wow, climbing stairs is an interesting experience with Jello legs". Little did I know how "interesting" it would be coming back down the stairs. I felt like I had no control over my legs. The muscles weren't doing what I thought they would do. They kind of jerked a little forward on my way down the stairs. It was quite a bizarre feeling.

After scarfing down some lunch, I went on a mission for Twinkle's Santa gifts. I won't even go into it except to say that I was successful...eventually. I love Santa shopping. I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning.

No comments: