Thursday, December 14, 2006

Two Days and Counting

Twinkle's Christmas luncheon ("it's a luncheon mom, not a party") was today. It was my turn to help with a luncheon. It was a lot of fun. The kids all stuffed themselves with relatively healthy food. They also had a book exchange. Out of 13 kids, I think there were 3 or 4 copies of "Polar Express" in the mix.

It's 2 days until we go on our cruise with the in-laws. Twinkle's class has a field trip tomorrow to see "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town", so hopefully there won't be much opportunity for her brain to go somewhere it isn't supposed to.

I'm a little stressed about needing to pack and do all kinds of things before Saturday. I thought hubby and I were going to do something trip related tonight, but he just called to see if I wanted to go to a hockey game tonight. I'd already told him that I was skipping at Christmas party with a group at church because I just don't want to add to the other bazillion things I have to do this week. So he asked why I didn't want to go to the hockey game - uh, same reason. It's not a matter of whether it's fun, it's just adding one more thing. He just doesn't get it.

Whatever. So, should I just ignore everything that needs to be done and not sweat it? Oh, it's Saturday morning and there's nothing packed? Hm, How about that?! What do you know?

Right now is the time of day I start feeling a bit sleepy and done quite honestly. I've been busy all day, now Twinkle is home and coloring and I just need to chill. I don't know what he and I would actually do that is trip related this evening, I guess it's just at the end of the day, after everything else, I just need to chill and thought I'd be chilling with him.

No comments: