Wednesday, December 6, 2006

So Tired...

How do you do it?

As I've mentioned, Twinkle is in a play. Every night this week we have to be at the theatre until 8. I'm now a "stage mother". There are 4 or 5 4-6 year olds that have to be corralled and cued throughout the play, well as a group of slightly older girls that are better behaved. Oy. It's a bit difficult to keep up with what's going on on stage and keep the kids quiet in the room at the back of the theatre. We moms are still trying to learn the cues. I guess once we're confident with that, it will be a bit easier. With more than one mom at the back, it may be easier for one to keep them quiet and one to cue them.

Yesterday, I was really busy in the afternoon. Further to the "stage mother" role, apparently I'm also a stage mother for hubby. He needed his potato sack of a costume decorated a little bit, as well as an empty box wrapped like a present. Twinkle needed lights attached to her star and also needed a wrapped box. I am officially a mother now. I have purchased, for the first time, a hot glue gun. I probably haven't used a hot glue gun since college - back when it blistered your skin if you accidentally touched the glue before it had cooled. They are much better now. I can hot glue like a mad woman. It looks like I need to re-glue Twinkle's lights onto her star. Maybe I'm not the hot glue queen I felt like I was yesterday.

After the busy afternoon, I was already feeling exhausted when we got to the theatre last night. Then, after working to keep the kids quiet I was ready to collapse when Twinkle and I got home last night.

The upshot of all of this is that Twinkle is having no problems sleeping straight through the night without waking us. That, of course, means that WE are sleeping straight through the night without waking. Today, though I do feel like I could have slept a bit more last night. It's Wednesday, I just have to make it through the end of the play on Sunday afternoon, and this will all be over.

I don't think we're going to do another production like this until Twinkle is 7 or 8.

No comments: