Monday, August 11, 2008

Returning to Normal?

The summer flew past me. Twinkle's first day of school is August 18. We didn't have a lot of things to do this summer. Not a lot of different camps or classes to take the kids to. Somehow, though, I was too busy to blog. Go figure.

Hopefully, once the kids get into a school routine, my blogging will return to more than once a month posts.

Did you notice that bold s on "kids"? Yep. Sparkle will be going to Montessori school at our church for 4 hours a day, 2 days a week. That will definitely be interesting. She will have the same teacher Twinkle did, but will be in a different classroom. Thanks to the growing needs of the school, the "classroom" that Sparkle will be in is the same room where she goes to the nursery on Sundays. I think that will be a good thing. We shall see.

Twinkle starting next Monday means that homeschooling will start next Tuesday. Time to put that Prozac to the test! I haven't screamed at my kids much since I started taking it. I also haven't had to try to teach Twinkle. One thing that will be different this year is that Sparkle no longer naps in the morning. Last year, Twinkle and I got a lot done while Sparkle was asleep. I'm in the process of rearranging a few things in the office/school room that will hopefully help. I'm going to make a space for Sparkle to color or do puzzles, etc. hoping to keep her occupied instead of trying to push Twinkle out of her chair.

I'm not sure where the summer went, but I sure wish that the first day of school automatically meant cooler weather! Our summertime temperatures often last through September. I can't wait to be able to go outside again for an extended period of time!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I feel like we never really had summer. M is already back at school. The temps have not reached 90 even once this summer.

Anonymous said...

i'm ready to be able to go biking again without having to worry about the heat index!