Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guess What I Did Last Night


OK. I realize that having that title and then a pic of Trent Reznor is kind of comical, but what are you going to do.

Anyhoo, Mr. Swizzle and I went to a Nine Inch Nails concert last night in the Big City. Yes, we felt old. Especially looking around at all the goth teenagers. But hey, Reznor is a couple of years older than Mr. Swizzle, so we know we weren't the oldest ones there.

It was a great. Lots of songs I didn't know. Some that I did and love. A fave NOT performed, but that's ok. It was a 2.5 - 3 hour show and clearly they couldn't do everything. One of the fun things for me was watching the mosh pit. These kids (I'm so old) were jumping around enjoying the music and crashing into each other with wild abandon. I'm positive they are all bruised today, but I'm not positive that they can feel it or if they care.

Two things went through my head as I watched them. One was that if I were 19 and a huge NIN fan AND had floor tickets, I think I would have joined them. They were clearly enjoying themselves. The other thing was that if I'd had been in a NIN mosh pit when I was 19, I would be in a totally different place than I am at my age now. Who knows where'd I'd be or what I'd be doing.

I'd hate for the moshers to give up their leather and mohawks, but I hope they survive to adulthood and don't live on the street.

God, I'm so old.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm old too ; )

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

They will make it just like you and I did.

I love kids like that...they are much more tolerant and accepting.

I am so glad that you have a good time!

Mary Beth said...

Awesome! How very fun.

We are going to the Edgar Winter concert next weekend at House of Blues. No comparison...HE is old and WE are old...but glad to get out of the house for a little fun.

:)

Miss Smarty Pants said...

Did you drive up in the minivan?

I realized I was old this week when I was in a group of people trying to describe something, and the only other person over 30 said, "like a lassie-dog" and all the early 20 somthings said, "what's a lassie-dog?" Who doesn't know who Lassie is anyway?

Don't worry so much about the 19 year olds, my mom was freaked out that I liked The Dead Milkmen and 10,000 Maniacs and I tured out OK. I never was in a mosh pit though. Maybe you should worry.

Anonymous said...

i can top that - i always wondered what the NIN stickers were on cars... sadly clueless and clearly out of touch!!