Saturday, June 2, 2007

What Would I Do Without Mr. Swizzle?

It's really too scary to think about.

He is upstairs with Sparkle right now, trying to help her back to sleep. She slept better last night: 11-9. That came after he was with her for about 2 hours - 1 asleep and 1 crying. She just woke up after having been asleep for 1.5-2 hours. I'm not quite sure. Hopefully she'll go back to sleep quickly and sleep the rest of the night.

Mr. Swizzle has much more patience than I do for the whole thing. He can sit in the same room while she cries. He reassures her the whole time, but doesn't pick her up to comfort her.

I just can't do it. I can't stand the sound. I'd rather hold her on me for hours, even if I'm uncomfortable, just to keep her quiet.

It really is better for him to be doing this. It astonishes me that he doesn't get frustrated or frazzled. I really can't grasp the concept of going through what he's doing and not coming out the other side needing a whiskey. And pulling my hair out. And screaming at the top of my lungs - while hopefully not choking on the whiskey.

God bless Mr. Swizzle. He's saving lives. And my sanity.

No comments: