Two posts in one day? Yeah, it's an odd day.
After battle with Twinkle this morning, the rest of the day with her has gone much better. Not sure how the night will go.
I found out this afternoon that a dear friend who kicked breast cancer's ass a year ago is at the hospital now to have a bone marrow biopsy. Her doctors are fairly sure she has leukemia, though I don't know if they know what type. I have no words for this, though most of them would have #$*#*^!~ somewhere in them.
This news arrived after receiving an email from a friend that her 52 year old sister died last night after 9 months of battling breast cancer.
So, as I dive deeper into the pit, I go over to MB's blog where she has posted a "Grouchy Gratitude List". Oy. My eyes tear up, my heart races. Where's the gratitude? Where can you find gratitude on a day like today?
1) My Twinkle is the embodiment of joy. I could learn from her.
2) My Sparkle is 11 months old today and has been with us, her forever family, for a month and a half. She has bonded so well to us, especially me, that it tires me out. It's a good tired.
3) My good friend, S, is a week away from giving birth to another precious girl. I can't wait to meet this new little one.
4) Mr Swizzle turns 40 this weekend. We are having as many friends as possible over to celebrate.
5) I'm a lucky, lucky woman to have the friends and family that I have.
Thank you MB.