Monday, March 12, 2007

Catch Up

The past week has been a whirlwind. I keep staring at my new daughter's chubby cheeks and beautiful face and can't wait to look at her in person. Today we sent our acceptance letter back to our agency which they will send to China and we'll start the wait for travel approval. People from our agency who received their referral in February had about a 4 week wait for travel approval, so I'm going to try not to get to antsy before that.

Twinkle had a couple of rough days at school last week. There were 2 days that she had to sit out PE because she wasn't listening to the teacher. I think not listening is one of her biggest problems and I hope it's her being 5. I know when she's older she won't listen in other ways, but I'm ready for this to pass. She said she wasn't listening because she was so excited about her sister. I hope so. I was pretty scattered last week myself.

Oddly, on Friday, I woke up cranky. I told a friend that I think I used up all my happy and excited feelings at the beginning of the week and cranky was all I had left. My trip to the gym and a visit with my trainer Friday mid-morning helped, but I had a small bit of cranky following me around all day.

Saturday, we had a little party to celebrate our referral. We had four couples and their kids over to help us celebrate. We opened the bottle of Dom that some other, out of state, friends had sent us a year or two ago, so we kind of felt like they were here with us, too. Hubby and I talked earlier in the day about sharing the Dom with friends. We didn't mind, but we did feel like being a little selfish and pouring our glasses first and getting more than just a little taste. Cause really, when are we going to have Dom again?

Today, Hubby talked to his sister, who is still going on and on about the journal my MIL read at Uncle J's visitation . Good Lord. I think the main worry that she has is that Hubby is journaling about her in not so good ways. A friend told me a quote one time that I think of often: "You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how rarely they did." Or something like that. Anyhoo, it constantly amazes me how someone's death can actually not be about the dead person. All of these people have to make it about themselves. Let's not think about the other 100+ pages in the journal that made no mention of my MIL at all. You know the ones that had realizations that Uncle J had over the last several months when he knew he was dying. Something that someone else could read and, I don't know, learn from.

Now, my MIL just called. Hubby is out on the deck talking to her. She called to see how things are going, but now I can hear Hubby talking about his nutty sister. I think it's funny how she tries to drag him into all the drama, and he just doesn't take the bait.

Families.... Can't live with 'em, can't sell 'em for scrap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like: "Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em" - Can you tell mine have been here all day?!

Anonymous said...

BTW - Does your fab hubby know about this blog:
http://www.blogmaverick.com/
The last two posts on it made me think of Mr. Swizzle -