Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sleep? I don't need no stinking sleep!

OK, that makes it sound worse than it is. Twinkle woke up again last night. Again at 2:30. This time she did not come into our room and want to sleep in our bed. This time she just sat in the doorway to her room and cried until I woke up.

She didn't say she'd had a bad dream. She only said that she didn't want to be in her room by herself. She had gotten up and restarted the John Lennon disc in her CD player, so I guess she gave it a try before the howling started.

I put her back into her bed and sat down beside her while she drifted off. At least I thought she'd drifted off. When I got up to leave and opened her squeaky door (note to self, go get the WD-40) she woke up. Luckily, I told her to go back to sleep and she said OK. Even luckier, she didn't wake up again the rest of the night AND I managed to go back to sleep pretty quickly.

No one told me that at 5 1/2, I'd be getting up for 2:30 "feedings" again like when she was a baby. And truthfully, those didn't last very long. She started sleeping through the night when she was about 2 months. At that time, her pediatrician told me that until Twinkle weighed 10 lbs, I needed to wake her up and feed her in the middle of the night. Uh, yeah right. I think the technical term for that is "Crazy".

So, growth spurt? School stress? What is this phase that she seems to go through every few months where she wakes up in the middle of the night? I know it will end, but I'd rather it be sooner than later.

No comments: