Thursday, July 12, 2007

Magic

It's been another good week. Thanks for the comments to the previous post about how things are going.

Twinkle has behaved pretty well this week. A couple of days have been made up of way too much time playing a Sponge Bob video game, and I think today is reflecting that. Just a little argument this morning which resulted in no more of said video game for the rest of today. Heaven knows it was time for that. She has come into our room the same two nights as the days she spent playing Sponge Bob. Hmmmm.

Sparkle continues to do really well. She's expanding her menu daily. Her naps have gotten to be a little screwy, but it's ok. Instead of 2 short naps, she takes one long one. This does mean that she gets up in the afternoon around 2 or 3 instead of 4 or 5, but it also means she goes to bed earlier.

Tuesday at midnight, Elastigirl and I went to see the Harry Potter movie. It was great fun to do something like that, and get home at 3am. It's been a while. I knew the next day would be interesting with only 3 hours of sleep, but it was much better than I expected. I've just finished re-reading book 6 in anticipation of book 7 coming out in 9 days. I'll be in the woods with my parents when it comes out, but I plan to drive the 20 minutes into town at midnight to buy the book at WalMart. I'm anxiously awaiting the release and to see how JKR wraps everything up.

Mr. Swizzle and I did not get on the HP bandwagon at the beginning. I frankly didn't see what all the fuss was. I have friends who still feel this way. In the fall of 2000, Mr. Swizzle picked up a paperback of the first book when he was flying back and forth to N.C. Book 4 came out shortly thereafter, so we ordered the first 4 in hardback. We both read them all quickly and then, hmmmm, joined the masses in waiting and waiting for the next book. In re-reading book 6, I got to the last few chapters and almost put the book down without finishing it. It's a rough last few chapters that still make me gasp audibly when I read them. Even though I've read the book at least 3 times now, I always hope that somehow, magic maybe?, the ending is different. I've tried not to really speculate how the next book will go, and I definitely stay away from reading others' predictions. Like I said, I'm just really anxious to see how it all turns out.

And speaking of anxious, I can't recall if I mentioned this on here. For Mr. Swizzle's 40th birthday, I bought him 6 laps around the Speedway nearby driving an Indy car. Did I mention he can go up to 145 MPH? Yeah. So, that's tomorrow - Friday, the 13th. I'm sure he'll be fine. AND I FINALLY got him a present that, in my opinion, rocks.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

ooo! I'd love to give K that present. Do you have the contact info?

hbd, mr. swizzle!!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE post video of the birthday gift in use!!