Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Different Book Meme

MB has tagged me for a different, more mother-of-toddler friendly book meme.


Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
I am at my desk at home. The actual nearest books are Twinkle's school books. Only slightly further away is a shelf of MY books. I've chosen Beyond Good Intentions: A Mother Reflects on Raising Internationally Adopted Children

Find Page 123 and Find the first 5 sentences.

Post the next 3 sentences.

Our grandchildren may look as Tapodan as our children. [Tapoda is a made up country to represent any country a person may have adopted from.] As they seek out and find comfort in diversity, our kids may well find mates of other colors. Ponder the example of Camilla Pedersen, Korean born, raised in Norway, married to a man from India, living in the Untied States. In time, our families could look like the passengers on the New York subway. We would be wise to behave as if they already do.

OK, yes. That is more than 3 sentences, but I had to finish the thought.

Tag 5 people.
Let's see. I'll tag the Duchess, Elastigirl, and Heather. Yes. I know. That's not five. I've decided to reverse 5 and 3 today.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I love this! thank you for playing!