Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Shack


Have you read it?

If you have, what did you think?

If you haven't, check it out.

I don't usually flock to the books that "everyone is talking about". I happened into a store with a prominent display of the book, and decided to go ahead and give it a read. I'm visiting my parents, so I have a little bit more time to read than usual.

I think this book has life changing potential. I like it when authors present a different way of looking at something you've seen all your life. C. S. Lewis has always been a favorite. I may have mentioned before that his version of the salvation story seems to stir me more than the one in the Bible. I don't know what that says about me. Maybe I'll figure that out one day. His description of heaven in The Great Divorce is fascinating.

This book struck me the same way. I finished it yesterday and I'm hungry for more. Hungry for ways to apply some of the ideas to my own life. I think I'm going to read it again when I don't have as many distractions.

I can see this book becoming well worn and creased from reading over and over.

Tell me what you think if you've read it too. I'm curious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! We have to get together to talk about it when you get home!