Yeah. I just haven't been motivated to post lately. I have people asking for pics from our trip on my other blog. That was only 3 months ago.
Bullet points for now? ('cept I don't know how to make actual bullet points)
- Twinkle is still ever so Twinkly...which includes sweetness and arguing and silliness and tenderness.
- Sparkle is sparkling more and more every day. She's really blossoming. More people than just myself can understand her. She's such a happy little child. AND she's trying to give up naps - not so wonderful.
- I'm feeling constantly worn down by both of them. I know that I do in fact LOVE love to be called "mom" in all its forms, BUT OMG!!!! the sound of "mom" and "mommy" REALLY grate on my nerves sometimes because they are never ending.
- Hey, guess what! I became a stereotypical soon to be 40 year old and went in for a tune up. I never thought I would do such a thing. BUT here I am with boobs that may not be able to hold a pencil under them once they're healed. They're probably a little bit better size for my small frame, too. I also got rid of a pooch of fat under my belly button that I've had since I started developing, so...Jr. High? Not gonna miss it. I was feeling quite secretive pre-op, but now that I have bruising from swelling on my arms and legs I've come out. I REALLY wanted to come up with a good story to explain the bruises...fought a bear? fell down the Grand Canyon and survived? fell down some stairs? I'm 2 weeks post op and have been told not to go nuts buying clothes or anything for about 10 more weeks.
- I've been feeling closer to my friends and family lately. The other day, I actually called my mother - gasp. Don't get me wrong, we have a wonderful relationship, we just usually email or talk on birthdays, etc. I think I'll start calling my mom more often. I've been willing to do normal ol' friend stuff with more people. Playdates, just hanging out doing nothing. I think I'm most comfortable with others when they expect nothing from me. Is that odd? I would much rather sit with friends and chat while our kids play than plan some big outing or do anything that involves a schedule.
- And finally, today while IM'ing with Mr. S about random things, he asked if I was OK. Not because of anything negative I'd said. He asked BEFORE I told him that I was going to start dinner without him by going ahead and eating some chips and queso and drinking some whiskey. Strangely, even though we've been married 20 years (or maybe because we've been married 20 years) it was the sweetest thing I'd "heard" all day. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it sounded so wonderful because MOST of the time, I'm wondering if anyone can hear the words coming out of my mouth.
OK. I think bullet points are not supposed to be long paragraphs, but these weren't real bullet points anyway. They were little dashes. And now I feel so much better because I've posted on my blog, I've gotten the therapy that I started this blog for in the first place, and I'm a little more relaxed....until the basketball that Sparkle is playing with hits the piano anyway.