Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All Signs Point to Yes

Is the medication helping?

I'd have to answer this question with a resounding yes. Last week, Monday-Wednesday at least, I felt fabulous and accomplished several things that I really can't imagine having done a few weeks ago. The latter half of the week was OK, I just didn't do as much. I even went to the gym on Wednesday. Sparkle wasn't thrilled about that, but she'll get there.

The weekend was pretty nice, though I couldn't tell you right now what all I did. Hair appointment. Furniture shopping. Y'know, stuff. I DID make it to church Sunday, so, cheers.

This week is going well. Twinkle doesn't have school all week. We've watched Night at the Museum about 50 times since this time last week. My parents are arriving tomorrow and Mom has taken charge of all the food for Thursday except "my" mincemeat pie. I guess the true test will be the mixing of my and Mr. Swizzle's families on Thursday. Wish me luck.

My family is quiet. His family - not so much. Last year when it was just his family here for Thanksgiving, Twinkle, my loud, carefree, talkative Twinkle actually said at meal time, "Can we all just stop talking and eat?!" Yeah. They all talk at the same time and never stop. It makes me batty. Of course, MY family makes Mr. Swizzle batty because we can all sit in the same room watching a football game and not feel the need to speak at all. We all get along. We all love each other. We all know this. No discussion needed. Politics? Religion? World peace? (I typed that three times as "world peach") We have no need for them. We are a simple folk and enjoy each others' company talking or not.

So, yes, Thursday will be the true test of my medication. At least my family will be here to be a buffer for the loud ones. It'll be a good time, I'm sure.

And just you wait for the stories that will come out of it!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad the meds are helping. Hope they work great on Thursday too.

Anonymous said...

Yea for meds and world peach!

I come from your kind of family. Ken's family doesn't debate, but they are livlier, and they tell off color jokes...not horrible but I'm always a little taken aback. His MOTHER used to tell them. I nearly dropped my teeth the first time I heard her do it.

Egads. Did I mention that despite MUCH pressure to the contrary, we are staying home and having TG for just us two tomorrow? WOOT!

Duchess of Insanity said...

That's hilarious. Your family dynamics are much like me and the Duke. He has a quiet fam, mine is loud. His family makes me nervous with their very closed minded view of the world, mine makes him nervous just for the fact that we are very boisterous...and the thought of having them together for a whole day in the same house...oh my...I think we would both have heart attacks.
Good luck. Hope you have a happy day.

Miss Smarty Pants said...

That made me think of the Miss Congeniality line:

What is the one most important thing our society needs? That would be harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan. And, world peace.

But world peach would work just as well.... Hope you survived Thanksgiving.

Mary Beth said...

Just here to say happy TG!